|English Muffin Batter Bread || || |
Recipe type: Bread
Easy yet rich English Muffin Batter Bread.
- Cornmeal for dusting
- 4- 4 and 1/2 All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 c. Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 2 Pkg Active Dry Yeast
- 1 and 1/4 c. Water
- 1/2 c. Oil
- 2 Eggs
- Grease two 8x4 loaf pans and dust with cornmeal.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 and 1/2 c flour, sugar, salt and yeast.
- In a small saucepan , heat the water and oil until very warm (120 degrees or so). Add the warm liquid to the dry mixture and blend at low speed until moistened. Then beat 2 minutes on medium speed.
- By hand, stir in 3 cups flour to create dough ball. Cover dough loosely with plastic wrap and let rise in warm place until doubled in size, around 50 minutes.
- Stir the batter vigorously for 30 seconds the spoon into loaf pans. Cover and let rise for another 40 minutes or so until dough doubles in size.
- Meanwhile preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake 20-30 minutes until all loaves sound hollow when tapped.
- Remove pans immediately and cool on wire racks.
A great place to let this dough rise is in your oven with just the oven light on. Or if your oven light is out, place the dough next to a bowl of hot water in your oven.
Recipe by Pennywise Cook at http://pennywisecook.com/english-muffin-batter-bread/